Posts Tagged ‘mittens’
This contributor post was written by Beth of Parsimonia.
For those of us in the four-season states, the temperatures are really starting to drop! I finally broke out my mittens, scarves, hats and other cold-weather accoutrements this week, thus adding a whole new level of accessories to my wardrobe. But, I have to be honest: There are several pieces I acquired years ago that I know aren’t going to see the glint of snow. Just like most women, my tastes change with the seasons, but replacing winter wear always seems a bit more expensive. So instead of browsing online stores, I’ve been hitting the blogsophere for ideas, and these five DIYs are just the ticket for keeping me (and you!) warm, head to toe.
(above) Sew Your Own Mittens by A Beautiful Mess
DIY Leg Warmers by Split the Lark
Snowy Day Hat Pattern by See Kate Sew
Long Pom Pom Cowl via Purl Soho
Yellow Bow Ear Warmer by Delia Creates
(Note that tutorial is for personal, not commercial, use)
Can you imagine anything more soft and cozy than these handmade gloves (or furry paws as they’re called) by Sara Lagace? They are crocheted using 100% Peruvian highland wool yarn, so they’ll keep your hands nice and warm too. And recycled fur poms adorn the top of each pair, hence the “furry paws” name.
Special Promo: Enter “papernstitch” at checkout in the message to seller box and receive a FREE surprise item. Everybody loves surprises.
Its officially December. So, today we are kicking off a month of gift guides with affordable winter accessories…
Things are really starting to cool off this season (even here in Florida), so if you scratching your head for a gift to give this holiday season, accessories to help your friends keep warm will be much appreciated. And with all price tags being $50 or less, your wallet will appreciate it too.
1. Cashmere Hooded Sweater Scarf from Ruche $45.99: Keep warm in this super soft, cashmere hoodie scarf.
2. Earthy Button Up Scarf by Lori Looms $42: Keep it versatile with this earthy scarf that can be worn in various combinations.
3. Free People Doubs Glove $28: Fashion up your fingers with the gold button detailing on these doubs gloves. Peek-a-boo fingers mean you want to have take them off to use your digits.
4. Women’s Diesel Scarf $30: This graphic print will look perfect with a simple black jacket like the one on the model. A pop of color is always welcomed during the dreary winter months.
5. Button Cap by Why the Sky $32: Hand crocheted from peruvian highland wool, which means its super warm. And the simple design means it would work for a man or a woman (but the description says woman–so maybe a small headed man?).
6. Original Wrist Worms by Sandra Juto $49: These are made of wool as well and are machine washable.
Last but not least…the first image at the very top of this post: Lime Slouchy Beret by Emily May Sparks $25
Happy Autumn, everyone! Nicole of Lillyella here with a new Style Swap. The mercury fell below 30° this morning and as I gazed out over my frosty roof, I couldn’t help but smile. My favorite time of year is coming and while I’m sure most of you think I’m crazy for saying ‘bring it on’ to the white stuff, how can you not agree when with it comes the chance to wear such stylish accessories!
Until next time, ENJOY the weather! ~ Nicole of lillyella