Posts Tagged ‘housewares’
Do you ever feel pressure to make sure that everything is perfect? Perfect hair, perfect outfit, perfect house?
If I’m being honest, I feel that sometimes too, but today I am here to remind you that perfect doesn’t exist. And if it did, is that something that really matters to you, deep down inside? No! Of course not.
What does matter? Well, happiness for one. Right? Probably first and foremost.
So today, lets focus on bringing happy into your home with fun and playful housewares that are guaranteed to make you smile.
And next time you are worried about whether that art cluster you hung in the entryway looks perfectly random, remind yourself that decorating is suppose to be fun! And playful is better than perfect.
Ah, the joys of moving. We’ve been in our apartment for about a month now and it’s still unfinished. We’re trying to get artwork hung and books on the shelves in the next week or so. Of course, we didn’t do any of those things over the weekend, but we did set a deadline. Mainly because we’re having a pizza party at our place in a couple of weeks and we want to have everything done by then. Nothing like the pressure of having people over to get your decorating done, right?
Here are a few pieces I’d love to nestle into our home (handmade and otherwise)…
1. (above) This white striped vase from Pigeon Toe Ceramics (and the beautiful flowers too).
2. This beaded plant hanger from AMradio.
3. This hairy pillow at Totokaelo’s Art – Object.
4. This vintage ‘keep off the grass’ sign from Ethanollie.
5. These bowls from Julia Paul Pottery.
7. This geometric serving platter from Asleep From Day.
I am counting down the days until our things arrive from Seattle (we are currently sitting on two lonely folding chairs in an empty apartment right now). 5 days left to go! But when our furniture and the rest of our things do arrive, they might be competing for space with these home DIYs I want to try over the weekend. Which one should I tackle first? Any thoughts?
2. geometric mobile how-to from Hope Helms
I also write for Curbly and Project Wedding. Here are my articles elsewhere for the week…
Have a great weekend!
Since last Monday was a holiday, there wasn’t a 5 Faves post. So I thought I would bump this week’s up a notch to include 15 favorites instead of the normal five. And (bonus) it looks like we’ve finally figured out where we’ll be moving. Yay! A new place to call home. So why not make this faves roundup all about housewares. Here are 15 modern home accessories I am loving right now…
1. fog linen tray from Alder & Co.
3. plywood trivet from RK DESIGN
4. ena wooden hanging lamp from Envelamp
5. 4 drop porcelain and leather planter from FASHIONED by
6. shelving from Mokkasin
7. abate slated mirror from Anthropologie
8. mustard yellow ‘scribble’ tea towel from Knife in the Water
9. planters and terrariums from Score + Solder
10. vintage industrial storage box tray from Ethanollie
11. limestone dish from Olive Manna
12. welcome home wall sticker from Harmonie-interieure
13. aura lights from Ladies and Gentlemen
14. vintage stoneware crock from BeeJayKay
15. graphic tea towel from Mengly
Have a place you love to go for housewares?
Don’t be shy. Share it in the comments below.
I’ve (Christina) historically been pretty shy about using gold in our home. I suppose you could say I’m more of a burnished bronze or an aged brass kind of girl, but glitzy gold is very accessible in small doses. An accessory here and an accessory there and I’m feeling richer already. Ok, maybe not richer, but a little sassier perhaps. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite gold accessories from the independent design community to share with you today. See anything you like?
1// tassel garlands by confetti system 2// the midas gold lion by white faux taxidermy 3// 23k gold mug by bailey doesn’t bark available at orange and pear 4// regency salt and pepper shakers available at leif 5// succulent sculpture by waterstone succulents 6// flawed gold-plated set of cups by studiomake available at gretel 7// crystal pinata by confetti system 8// stripes thank you card by rifle paper co. 9// resin deer head by white faux taxidermy 10// gold love print by jennifer ramos