Posts Tagged ‘diy roundup’
I am tying up a few loose ends this morning before a couple of meetings and I figured you may want some project suggestions before heading out for the weekend. How did Friday get here so fast? So here are my favorite DIYs from the week…
1. fringe kimono DIY from Merrythought
2. initial letter planters DIY from Henry Happened
3. DIY bar bottle labels from Lovely Indeed
4. how to make a leather pouchette from For the Makers
5. DIY patterned stationery from Sugar & Cloth
6. floating clouds project from A Subtle Revelry
7. fresh flower honeycomb decor from Studio DIY
8. studded collar DIY from Sincerely, Kinsey
One, two, and four are my favorites, I think. But I want to try that cloud project (#6). What about you? Have any favorites from this roundup?
P.S. I also write for other sites around the web. Here are my posts elsewhere from the week…
- Before and After: Goodbye 80s Kitchen
- How To: Make a Concrete and Copper Bedside Lamp
- Rusty Plant Stand turned End Table Makeover
- How To: Turn a Lightbulb into a Bud Vase
Have a great weekend.
Well, it’s Friday again and you have the whole weekend to tackle a DIY project or two and relax outside with a book. I have you covered on the DIYs. You’re on your own for the outside reading and lounging. Here are my seven favorite projects of the week…
1. felt foliage party garland from A Subtle Revelry
2. fresh flower gift tags DIY from Studio DIY
3. DIY knit cloud pillows from Making Nice in the Midwest
5. state-shaped memo boards from Britt + Co.
6. DIY rope bag from Style Me Pretty
7. amazing oyster shell garland from Once Wed
And here are my posts elsewhere from the week…
- Totally Type Roundup: 9 DIY Typographic Wall Art Projects
- Before and After: An 80s Kitchen gets a Major Makeover
- A 5 Minute Spring DIY to try this Weekend
- Before and After: Tiny San Francisco Sunroom to Cozy Bedroom Retreat
- How To: Make a Concrete and Copper Bedside Lamp
Have a great weekend. Hope it’s a relaxing one!
Did anyone else notice how hard everyone rocked it this year with craft projects for Easter? I am kind of amazed by all of the awesomeness. Which is making me wish I had the time to make all of these DIYs before Sunday. I’m pretty sure I can squeeze in at least one or two – I just have to decide which ones…
1. marbleized Easter egg DIY by Chanel Dror for Camille Styles
2. bunny garland from Fellow Fellow
3. pom pom party Easter eggs DIY by me
4. Kool-Aid dyed eggs from Lovely Indeed
5. graffiti eggs how-to by me
6. honeycomb Easter eggs from Studio DIY
9. hydrangea Easter egg garland by me for Project Wedding
11. fruity french Easter eggs from The Alison Show
And here are a handful of my recent posts on Curbly and One Charming Party…
- How To: Make a Cool Hanging Wall Planter
- Before and After: How to Organize a Junk Drawer in 5 Minutes
- How to Make a Mod iPhone Amp and Docking Station out of Wood
- Before and After: A Boring Hallway gets a Budget-Friendly Makeover
- Before and After: An Outdated Kitchen is Transformed from Top to Bottom
- Roundup: 7 Fun and Functional DIY Closet Projects
- (Original Tutorial) Googly-Eyed Eggs DIY
- (Original Tutorial) Stitched Easter Egg Tags DIY
I hope you have a great weekend and a very happy Easter.
This contributor post was written by Beth of Parsimonia.
For those of us in the four-season states, the temperatures are really starting to drop! I finally broke out my mittens, scarves, hats and other cold-weather accoutrements this week, thus adding a whole new level of accessories to my wardrobe. But, I have to be honest: There are several pieces I acquired years ago that I know aren’t going to see the glint of snow. Just like most women, my tastes change with the seasons, but replacing winter wear always seems a bit more expensive. So instead of browsing online stores, I’ve been hitting the blogsophere for ideas, and these five DIYs are just the ticket for keeping me (and you!) warm, head to toe.
(above) Sew Your Own Mittens by A Beautiful Mess
DIY Leg Warmers by Split the Lark
Snowy Day Hat Pattern by See Kate Sew
Long Pom Pom Cowl via Purl Soho
Yellow Bow Ear Warmer by Delia Creates
(Note that tutorial is for personal, not commercial, use)
Before I head out for the weekend, I wanted to leave you with a few diy projects to try. I am thinking a lot about home decor projects lately because (surprise) we are moving in just a few weeks. I’m super excited to have a new place to decorate and start fresh, but I’ll get into the details of that next week.
For now, let’s talk diy…
1. I know I said I am thinking about home decor projects, and this five minute pincushion ring isn’t exactly in that category, but I HAD to sneak it in here. If you make this you’ll automatically feel more crafty and inspired. I promise.
2. At the top of my list this week is this chevron picnic blanket diy from Twig and Thistle. Just bring it indoors after the picnic is over and reuse it wherever you’d like.
3. Make the simple coasters ever with Smile and Wave. I am practically hitting my head against the wall over not thinking of this myself. Clever project.
4. Showcase freshly-picked flowers from your garden with these diy paper lantern vases. Martha is killin’ it with the craft projects lately.
5. Don’t throw away those old doorknobs! Reuse those discarded parts to make a creative coat rack in your entryway.
6. And speaking of reusing…dig through your drawers and find those old paint swatches. It’s time to add some color to your walls with a little abstract art project.
If you like this roundup, share it with a friend using the facebook, twitter, and stumbleupon buttons below. Have an awesome weekend!