Posts Tagged ‘christmas’
If you waited until the very last minute to find gifts for friends and family this year, and you are now in a cold-sweat thinking about how in the heck you are going to get all these presents delivered in time, this is the roundup for you!
I have waited until the last minute before, and I know how it feels, so I want to help… I went through endless pages on Amazon finding cool stuff for everyone on your list, so you can get all your gifts delivered in time for Christmas (which is now five days away). Here we go…
Last Minute Gifts for Designers (above)
- Little Book of Lettering
- Wacom Bamboo Create Pen and Touch Tablet
- Medium Kraft Notes
- Kikkerland Retro Pens, Set of 5, Multi (4308-A)
- Type: Wall Decals by Mike Perry (200 Peel-and-Stick Letters)
- Pantone Mug
Last Minute Gifts for your BFF
- Fujifilm Instax MINI 25 Instant Film Camera
- Going Dotty Scarf
- Umbra Casa Tissue Box Cover, White
- Kinfolk magazine
- Kate Spade New York Short Bread Hinged Bangle Bracelet
- butter LONDON Posh Bird Nail Lacquer
- Orla Kiely Laminated Daisy Stem Tote
Last Minute Gifts for DIYers
- Sewing Made Simple: The Definitive Guide to Hand and Machine Sewing
- Lion Brand Yarn 470-145 LB 1878 Yarn, Plum
- Clover Large Pom Pom Maker
- Paper Cutting Book: Contemporary Artists, Timeless Craft
- Speedball Linoleum Cutter Assortment 1
- Fiskars 8-Inch Quality Forged Razor-Edged Bent Scissors
- Amscan Tissue Honeycomb Ball
- Martha Stewart Crafts Neon Glitter, 12-Pack
- Cricut Expression 2 Electric Cutting Machine
Last Minute Gifts for Cooks
- Skirt Steak: Women Chefs on Standing the Heat and Staying in the Kitchen
- Bamboo Kitchen Nesting Mixing Bowls Set of 5
- Joseph Joseph Fold Flat Kitchen Grater in Green
- Pure Komachi 2 Series 8″ Chef’s Knife, Fuchsia
- Pinch Pour Collapsible Measuring Cups
- Kikkerland Country Cutting Mats, Set of 4
Last Minute Gifts for Men
- Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker – Grey Hex – Retail Packaging
- Crosley Mini Turntable
- Pendleton Crater Lake National Park Full Blanket
- Little Black Tie Men’s Solid Skinny Tie With Tie Bar, Red, One Size
- Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap
- Brooklyn Brew Beer Making Kit
Okay. So that’s the list: 35 gifts for pretty much everyone on your list. Everything you see in this post is AmazonPrime, so if you have a prime account, you can still get free super-saver shipping if you order by today (Thursday). And you can do one-day shipping for Christmas delivery up until Saturday the 22nd at 3pm EST.
*If you think this list would be helpful for your friends, I’d love for you to share it with them using the social media buttons below. Full disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, so I receive a tiny percentage of each sale via the links above.
Happy Holidays! I’ll be back Monday with one last well-wishing before Christmas.
I almost can’t believe that Christmas is less than a week away at this point. December is going by so fast!
Before the season gets any further away from me, I want to share a free, holiday printable with you, with the help of my designer friend Jordan from Create Like Crazy. J came up with these super fun stencils for you to decorate wrapping paper, gift tags, and favor bags during the holidays. It’s kind of addictive once you get started too. So be warned. I started stenciling tea towels and fabric once I finished photographing these little guys.
More shapes and phrases in the 4 page download below.
Just cut out the stencil you want to use, grab some paint and a paint brush, and go to town. Pretty easy!
Design by Jordan Brantley of Create Like Crazy for papernstitch
Styling and photography by Brittni Mehlhoff
Like the ‘Print This’ column? Awesome! We’d love for you to show it a little love by sharing this post on social media using the buttons below.
Earlier this week I did a DIY gift guide for men and now it’s time for a list of DIY gifts for the ladies. Are you ready? Let’s do it…
(above) Wooden Gift Topper Bow DIY for wrapping all the awesome gifts below
14. Hex Necklace DIY
I also write for Curbly. Here are my posts from the week…
- Roundup: 15 DIY Garland Ideas for the Holidays
- Make It: Rustic DIY Christmas Tree Stand
- Make It: DIY Ink Blot Placemats
P.S. I have one more craft project for you…This one’s not gift-related though: how to make gilded glassine favor bags (my most recent DIY for Project Wedding). I realize you may not have a wedding to plan, but you can totally use this idea for your next party instead (no wedding required)… New Year’s maybe?
We had a few ornament casualties in the move, so I thought I would make a couple of new ones that are less breakable. After a couple of duds, I came up with this home sweet home ornament DIY using wallpaper samples and a couple of things I already had around the house. The whole project cost me about $2 for 4 ornaments because I only had to buy one thing. Here’s how to make your own…
house-shaped wood cut-outs (same exact ones here) // mod podge // scissors // paint brush // paper awl // wallpaper scraps or samples // string // wooden beads
Step by Step Tutorial:
1. If you are using wallpaper samples (instead of scraps), remove the paper backing your samples are attached to first. Then trace your house shape onto the wallpaper, with the good side of the wallpaper facing up.
2. Cut the house shape out.
3. Apply a thin, even coat of Mod Podge or craft glue to the wood surface and secure the wallpaper cut out. Smoothing out the paper, as you attach it, from the center out.
4. Once the glue is dry, flip the house over and follow steps 1-3 once more. So that both sides of the house are now covered in wall paper. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to both sides of the now completely wallpapered house and let it dry.
5. Poke a hole through the top of your house, using a paper awl (or a drill if you prefer) and add string. Optional: String a wooden bead through your string. Tie it off and cut off the excess string.
And you are ready to hang on the Christmas tree. Here’s the step by step in photos…
And here are the finished ornaments, hanging…
Good morning! I’m back from my trip to DC and I have some cool DIY gift ideas to share – all for the fellas in your life. The guys often get overlooked in the DIY roundups around these parts, but today, I have ‘em covered…
1. leather tie clip diy from Chelsea of Lovely Indeed
3. modern bedside lamp diy from Nimi Design
4. type lovers wood wall art diy from Chris from ManMade
6. folded type wall art from Weekday Carnival
Are you ready to make you man something special for the holidays? If you have any other ideas or links, I’m all ears (in the comments below). Admittedly, it wasn’t easy finding cool diy ideas for guys.
P.S. If you don’t want to DIY, but still want to get your man something handmade, check out this gift guide filled with cool handmade gifts for your modern man.