Archive for the ‘gift guides’ Category
If you waited until the very last minute to find gifts for friends and family this year, and you are now in a cold-sweat thinking about how in the heck you are going to get all these presents delivered in time, this is the roundup for you!
I have waited until the last minute before, and I know how it feels, so I want to help… I went through endless pages on Amazon finding cool stuff for everyone on your list, so you can get all your gifts delivered in time for Christmas (which is now five days away). Here we go…
Last Minute Gifts for Designers (above)
- Little Book of Lettering
- Wacom Bamboo Create Pen and Touch Tablet
- Medium Kraft Notes
- Kikkerland Retro Pens, Set of 5, Multi (4308-A)
- Type: Wall Decals by Mike Perry (200 Peel-and-Stick Letters)
- Pantone Mug
Last Minute Gifts for your BFF
- Fujifilm Instax MINI 25 Instant Film Camera
- Going Dotty Scarf
- Umbra Casa Tissue Box Cover, White
- Kinfolk magazine
- Kate Spade New York Short Bread Hinged Bangle Bracelet
- butter LONDON Posh Bird Nail Lacquer
- Orla Kiely Laminated Daisy Stem Tote
Last Minute Gifts for DIYers
- Sewing Made Simple: The Definitive Guide to Hand and Machine Sewing
- Lion Brand Yarn 470-145 LB 1878 Yarn, Plum
- Clover Large Pom Pom Maker
- Paper Cutting Book: Contemporary Artists, Timeless Craft
- Speedball Linoleum Cutter Assortment 1
- Fiskars 8-Inch Quality Forged Razor-Edged Bent Scissors
- Amscan Tissue Honeycomb Ball
- Martha Stewart Crafts Neon Glitter, 12-Pack
- Cricut Expression 2 Electric Cutting Machine
Last Minute Gifts for Cooks
- Skirt Steak: Women Chefs on Standing the Heat and Staying in the Kitchen
- Bamboo Kitchen Nesting Mixing Bowls Set of 5
- Joseph Joseph Fold Flat Kitchen Grater in Green
- Pure Komachi 2 Series 8″ Chef’s Knife, Fuchsia
- Pinch Pour Collapsible Measuring Cups
- Kikkerland Country Cutting Mats, Set of 4
Last Minute Gifts for Men
- Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker – Grey Hex – Retail Packaging
- Crosley Mini Turntable
- Pendleton Crater Lake National Park Full Blanket
- Little Black Tie Men’s Solid Skinny Tie With Tie Bar, Red, One Size
- Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap
- Brooklyn Brew Beer Making Kit
Okay. So that’s the list: 35 gifts for pretty much everyone on your list. Everything you see in this post is AmazonPrime, so if you have a prime account, you can still get free super-saver shipping if you order by today (Thursday). And you can do one-day shipping for Christmas delivery up until Saturday the 22nd at 3pm EST.
*If you think this list would be helpful for your friends, I’d love for you to share it with them using the social media buttons below. Full disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, so I receive a tiny percentage of each sale via the links above.
Happy Holidays! I’ll be back Monday with one last well-wishing before Christmas.
If you’re hoping to get into the holiday spirit, but don’t want your home to look like the inside of a cheesy Christmas catalog, try red accents mixed with neutrals around the house and leave Frosty in the closet…
- Tiny Tapers in Ivory, $12
- Gluck Pendant, $640
- Squirrel Nutcracker, $18
- Red Firefly Jingle Bell, $300
- Senegalese Knitting Basket, $55
- Distortion Candlestick in Red, $24
- Red Mug, $7.95
- Wooden Gem Sculpture Set,$58
- Aspen Cream Bone Spreader Knife, $17.50
- Festoon Light, $393
- Woven Red and Ivory Geometric Pillow, $55
- Jasper Coffee Pancracio Chocolates, $30.50
- Retro Red Teapot, $38
- Dominik Maple Cutting Board, $70
- Fig and Vanilla Soy Candle, $28
- Eco Indian Throw, $165
Have you started decorating yet for the holidays?
Admittedly, I don’t know much about babies. I have an adorable niece and nephew, who I love dearly, but that, unfortunately, has not really upped my game in the baby-knowledge department. BUT one thing I do know a lot about is furniture and decorating. So I put together a few things that would make perfect gifts for a newborn this holiday or an expectant mother with modern tastes (I know not every mom likes gifts for their child to count as gifts for themselves, but roll with me on this one).
Everything in this roundup is from My Urban Child, a site that sells cool modern furniture and accessories for parents and their little ones…
And…it occurred to me that I missed out on the rocking chair, which I imagine is pretty vital to a baby’s room when it’s almost time for nap, etc, so here’s one of those too.
P.S. If I had a child, I would be all over the Oeuf line. Love the clean lines and mixture of wood and white. What about you?
Disclaimer: I was compensated by the advertiser for this editorial feature. All opinions and ideas, however, are my own. Interested in having your own sponsored post on papernstitch? Visit the advertising page for more info.
Personally, when it comes to packaging, I tend to gravitate towards the unexpected. So when I look for holiday wrapping paper, gift tags, and other packing goodies, I typically steer clear of overly Christmas-y patterns. That said, I’ve put together a roundup of packaging products that I would love to wrap my gifts in this holiday season…
2. blue swirl wrapping paper $12
4. assorted wrapping paper $8.50
5. eco friendly wrapping paper $10
7. homage wrapping paper $12
8. happy stripe wrapping paper $8.50
9. starfetti wrap in neon $12
10. bamboo Christmas gift tags $15
11. paper poppy gift topper $14
12. presents gift tags $7.50
13. letterpress gift tags $6
14. wooden gift tags $6
15. forest floor topper in bloom $28
How do you plan to wrap your gifts this holiday season? Do you go the traditional route? Or just choose what you love, whether it feels ‘holiday-ish’ or not?
Usually, I hop over to Felt & Wire whenever I get a craving (can you get cravings for non-edible objects?) for paper goods because it is so well curated. I always find something I love. But did you know that this shop has a bunch of non-paper goods from independent artists and designers as well?
I spent over an hour browsing through them the other day (usually I only have a few minutes) and added some goodies to my Christmas wishlist. My mom already asked me what I want for Christmas… The holidays are getting close, huh?
Anyway, here are a few things I thought you might like…
- Collector Plate by MINE $50 (will someone please buy me this?)
- Conservation Pieces Pillow by Heather Lins $95
- Clipsticks by Jill Allyn $30 (uses rubber bands instead of metal clips)
- Yellow Aluminum Candle Holder by Collective Aesthetics $65
- Wrapping Paper by Design Army $15
- 2013 Stitch the Stars Calendar Kit by Heather Lins $24 (I want this too)
- Michael Bierut Forty Posters for the Yale School of Architecture by Design Observer $20
- Feltcro Cord Keeperby by Jill Allyn $34 (good gift for tech geeks)
- Prairie Caps Monogramed Notes by In Haus Press $10
Visit Felt & Wire for curated paper goods and gifts for the holidays.
Thank you to Felt and Wire for sponsoring this post. All opinions and ideas are my own. Interested in having a sponsored post on papernstitch? Visit the advertising page for more info.